Follow these pre-op instructions to achieve optimum results.
1. Take your medication as/if directed:
Pain: Naproxen (Aleve): Take 2x220mg aleve 1 hour prior to procedure.
Antibiotic: Take 2g Amoxicillin (500mg x 4 capsules) 1 hr prior to procedure
IF you have not elected to receive conscious sedation of any kind you can stop here.
2. If you have elected for sedation, no eating or drinking 6 hours prior to your procedure and your escort must provide your transportation
3. If you have elected for oral sedation, no eating or drinking 6 hours prior to your procedure and take your sedation tablets as directed 1 hour prior to the procedure and your escort must provide your transportation.
4. If you have elected to receive nitrous oxide sedation. No eating 6 hours prior to your procedure to prevent any nausea. You will be released and able to walk and drive yourself home so no escort is needed.
5. For conscious sedation: Your escort must be present from the beginning of the procedure until the end. They may not drop you off and leave a cell phone number.
6. Wear loose comfortable clothes with short, loose fitting sleeves.
7. Remove any nail polish or acrylic nails from at least one finger on each hand.
8. Do not wear heavy eye makeup or false eyelashes, and remove contact lenses prior to the procedure.
It is very important not to drive for the following 24 hours.